a Lynne's

Lynne's

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Life Happens, You React
Last month I had an experience that left me disappointed in myself.
I acted immaturely and possible hurt a friend with my words and actions all because I felt hurt and uncomfortable. I knew it was happening and why it was happening but that doesn't matter. I wrote in my journal that evening vowed to have better skills to get me out such situations in the future. I made additional steps to remedy my blunder in the morning. Fortunately, I later found out that I was being harder on myself than my friend would ever be.
Last months situation brought the ole sayings back into the forefront of my mind where it should always stay. "It is what you do about what happens that counts." "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it".
I think such sayings should be in the forefront of everyone's mind.
As much as I wish we were, no one is immune from difficult situations. We need to try harder to be better people. Respond thoughtfully based on our values, experience and knowledge.
We cannot control reactions from others but we can control our reactions to their reactions.

0 Comments:

Add a comment