a Lynne's

Lynne's

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Oregon Wineries
Dundee Hills is officially Oregon's newest wine growing region. According to a brief published in today's Oregonian, the wineries located (approx. 25) in this new American Viticultural Area can start using the new designation on their labels as soon as January 31, 2005. Alex Sokol Blosser, vice president of Sokol Blosser Winery in Dundee says that a more narrowly defined region helps consumers make better informed choices. Oregon currently has 250 wineries.

I will admit that I am not that knowledgeable about all the wineries in Oregon. I once visited Ponzi's to play in a Bocci tournament. This summer I went out of my way to visit Girardet because I love their wine. Their Marechal Froch is what made me notice them. The Gew├╝rztraminer Frostbite was a hit with folks after a lovely & filling Thanksgiving meal. The last Oregon wine I personally purchased was pinot noir from Evesham Wood, that wine is gone now. I am saving my Girardet Pinot for the winter holidays.

0 Comments:

Add a comment