a Lynne's

Lynne's

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Author Meme
I first saw a version of this meme back in the summer. It was a much, much, much longer (in the hundreds) full book title one. This week I started noticing a shortened version. I find the abbreviated version a lot more manageable.

In fact, its quite easy for me because I don't normally keep books. Last year while sipping cocktails my girlfriends and I had a 20 minute debate about my book sharing philosophy. Yard sales, friends, strangers and Powell's get most of my books when I am done. Also, I have always been a big user, and believer, of libraries.

Here is how this works: Copy this list of 10 authors. Remove the ones not on your bookshelves and replace each of them with ones that are (replaced authors are in bold). The original list comes via White Pebble

1. Ernest Hemingway
2. Naguib Mahfouz
3. Charles Baxter
4. Truman Capote
5. Ann Petry
6. Kent Haruf
7. Tom Robbins
8. Amy Tan
9. Louise Erdrich
10. William Shakespeare

Yep, a lot of bold. If I were to change the list to books read, seven instead on nine, would be bold. Now, go ahead make your own.

More Book Fun (via Early Modern Notes).

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don’t search around and look for the “coolest” book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.

Laugher on the 23rd Floor, a play by Neil Simon is actually next to my laptop. The play is only 114 pages long. Three more books were equal distance sprawled on the floor. (need to clean today)

First up: The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston.

The fish tank took up half the desk space, and there was still room for writing.

Next is Elmore Leonard's Be Cool hanging out over by the couch.

Raji seeing this again as Joe Loop said, "I turn on the light--who's is this guy?"

Finally, Germs by Judith Miller, Stephen Engelberg, William Broad in the mess of some luggage contents still sprawled on my living room floor.

The findings were immediately reported to Cheney.