a Lynne's

Lynne's

Friday, January 07, 2005

Waking Up
I am starting to emerge from my sleep walking fog. The forecast for Portland is rain, rain, gray, gray. My days in Florida were sun, blue sky, and more sun. Normally, I don't have a problem with jet lag but this time I did, possibly because I was on the East coast longer than normal?

Anyway, I am posting so I guess that means I will continue blogging for now, but I am struggling with it. There are many topics I keep coming across that I would like to post about but I still can't seem to get it together.

Like now. This article would normally spur many comments from me, especially these words -

And so things seem to remain: You may hear a lot of tough talk about empowerment and independence in women's culture today, except you hear it from women shopping for baby-doll outfits or getting Brazilian bikini waxes and double-D cup breast implants. ("I'm doing it for myself.")...
Will femininity continue to beat down the feminist challenge? ...Or will women keep trying to reconcile the two through conflicted enterprises such as empowerment plastic surgery and bestowing men with feminist prowess?


All I can currently muster is - yeah, whatever.