a Lynne's

Lynne's

Monday, February 28, 2005

Last Night's Awards
Not much to say. I attended an Oscar party, and won the Oscar pool. It was a small gathering and I had more fun hanging out and chatting then watching the show. Because of the chit chat I missed the red carpet shows and cannot comment on what everyone was wearing.
My observations -
Hits:

Jamie Foxx, Halle Berry (always), Kate Winslet, Cate Blanchett, Salma Hayek (looked stunning and had a glow, pregnant?), Catalina Sandino Moreno, Annette Bening (fun, smart, sexy, classy), Sean Combs.
Misses:
Hilary Swank, Barbra Steisand, Renee Zellweger (very severe, she could not walk), Melanie Griffith(your face is starting to freak me out), Johnny Depp (predictably).
Mixed:
Don Cheadle's wife(?) Wonderful fabric but something is off.


For more Oscar talk check out the Indie Blog.

2 Comments:

hmmmm- i think the yellow dress on cate blanchett was too much pale on pale- though she's a terrific actress with a wonderful voice so who cares?
In retrospect, Johnny depps 2tone tux with matching shoes is kinda cool...and Morgan Freeman's simple speech and later pleased wink at the camera was fun:)
So many people did not like her pale skin. My thought is that is who she is and I loved it. Very classy! Plus I love her so like you I could care if she did not look good but she did!
I read this on MSN yesterday (prof. writers are so better at expressing than I)
Few actresses elicit as strong a reaction on the red carpet as Cate Blanchett, whose sartorial selections are either beloved or belittled, with almost no middle ground. At the Oscars, we come down firmly on the love side of her one-shouldered buttery Valentino with a burgundy satin sash...the luminous Cate makes it all work.
Johnny's glasses ruin it all for me.
Morgan Freeman's wink WAS fun. I wanted more of that improv as the show wore on and people started to win and lose.

Add a comment