a Lynne's

Lynne's

Thursday, February 03, 2005

No Worries :)

This is for those of you who are fretting about the proposal you just submitted, that new cutie you just started seeing, the nosy co-workers that are leaving you off balance, your teenager, etc.

Worry Reduction Techniques

1. When I find myself worrying, I will divert my attention from the future to the present.
2. The worst is very unlikely to occur, even if it does, I will handle it.
3. I will try to take one thing and one day at a time.
4. Relaxation will reduce both worrying and anxiety.
5. I will do planning but reduce my worrying.
6. Worry is irrelevant.
7. I am not in charge of anyone else's thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
8. People and situations do not upset me, I do.
9. I will recognize and let go of those things that I cannot change.
10.I will stop worrying now.

Brought to you by your friend Lynne and Kaiser Permanente.

3 Comments:

That first one is superb. It makes a lot of sense, and yet, I'm betting it's possibly the hardest to do.

- Rob
Absolutely it can be hard.
Re: #8
people AND situations upset me. Hell ya!

Add a comment