a Lynne's

Lynne's

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Decorating-Challenged
Excuse me while I whine. I am one of the decorating-challenged, and I find it so annoying.
Area rugs drive me insane! I think I have wasted more money on area rugs then any other decorating item. I have purchased at least 4 in my five years in Portland. I had a great one for years in my apartment but I left it there because it was gift from my landlord (plus, the iron burn and candle wax were starting to take away from its beauty).
My former apartment was laid out shotgun style. Meaning, most of the rooms were the same size. I also had a swinging door that hid the kitchen. This house has a very different layout. I also have this
silly faux wood-burning stove to deal with.
Madone!

2 Comments:

Here's what I would (might) do. Get a hacksaw, cut through that woodstove pipe, get some sort of brawny person to remove the stove and hang a picture over the place in the wall where the pipe once was.

OK, I wouldn't be quite that haphazard about it, but I'll bet it wouldn't be too hard to have the thing removed and I'm sure there are people who would pay good money for that stove.
I think I would keep the stove but possibly paint it or give it a base - tile around it maybe?

Add a comment