a Lynne's

Lynne's

Monday, October 17, 2005

Punk
I purchased my first mp3 player, the Ipod Nano, the first weekend it was released. My Nano is still not filled to capacity. I add an album or a song here and there. After I finish I will then work on my playlists.
This morning I added Alejandro Escovedo, A Man Under the Influence. I was surprised to see the genre given to this work - Alternative & Punk? I know Escovedo as a Texas singer-songwriter more alt-country. So I did a little research and see that Escovedo is a former member of the Nuns, or is it Punkers the Nuns? My knowledge of 70's punk is pretty limited: the Sex Pistols, Velvet Underground, The Ramones, The Clash. Can I add in Patti Smith, Blondie...Siouxsie and the Banshees?
What is Punk? Is it a sound? Is it anti-establishment? Or both?

3 Comments:

Both baby, both!
Both baby, both!
www.getipodsforfree.com has this cool thing where if you just sign up and do an offer, you can get a free ipod

Add a comment