a Lynne's

Lynne's

Monday, October 17, 2005

Punk
I purchased my first mp3 player, the Ipod Nano, the first weekend it was released. My Nano is still not filled to capacity. I add an album or a song here and there. After I finish I will then work on my playlists.
This morning I added Alejandro Escovedo, A Man Under the Influence. I was surprised to see the genre given to this work - Alternative & Punk? I know Escovedo as a Texas singer-songwriter more alt-country. So I did a little research and see that Escovedo is a former member of the Nuns, or is it Punkers the Nuns? My knowledge of 70's punk is pretty limited: the Sex Pistols, Velvet Underground, The Ramones, The Clash. Can I add in Patti Smith, Blondie...Siouxsie and the Banshees?
What is Punk? Is it a sound? Is it anti-establishment? Or both?

4 Comments:

Want a free ipod nano? visit free ipod nano
Both baby, both!
Both baby, both!
www.getipodsforfree.com has this cool thing where if you just sign up and do an offer, you can get a free ipod

Add a comment