a Lynne's

Lynne's

Saturday, November 26, 2005






Cranberry Brie Appetizer Bites










Chocolate-Banana Wontons

2 serving butter-flavor cooking spray
1 large banana(s),
diced 6 Tbsp mini chocolate chips 24 items wonton wrapper(s), half of a 12 oz package
1 Tbsp powdered sugar


Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine banana and chocolate chips; mix gently.
Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Drop banana mixture by teaspoonfuls onto center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with wet fingers, fold over one corner to make a triangle and press sides together to seal. Transfer filled wrappers to prepared baking sheet and coat surface with cooking spray.
Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Sift powdered sugar over wontons before serving. Yields 4 wontons per serving.

Others include: Crispy Wonton Chips and Crisp Wonton Cups with Southwestern Salad. So many nontraditional possibilities for this little pastry pasta wrapper. Go get creative.

9 Comments:

Thanx. :)
oooh good idea! i was looking for a way to use up my leftover wonton wrappers from when i made fried raviolis. thanks for the cup idea. cheers!
Amy the chances that I would make my own apple pie filling for this is 92/8. Thanks for the idea though!

Tavi,
Fried wontons also sound good...I peaked at the recipe on your blog.
I meant to type Tanvi, not Tavi. :)
Oooooh. You mentioned the cran appetizers on my blog and here's the recipe. I love things that look (and taste) gourmetish, but are quick and EZ!!!

Thanks. I will be taking one or both to a holiday party that's coming up.
Rozanne,
Let me know how your apps turn out.
The cranberry bites were a huge hit.
The other is just a nice little low cal dessert when i would rather eat a whole pie.
Ocean Spray changed the recipe link. I corrected it today.
I found your blog while searching for chocolate banana wonton cups. Now I am more interested in these cranberry bites. What a perfect holiday appetizer!
Helen - I never did responded to you sorry (not that you had planned on returning here) but just in case...they are both really good. Hope you enjoyed!

Add a comment