a Lynne's

Lynne's

Friday, November 04, 2005

An Elegant Gem
Swimming at Suppertime: Seasons of Delight on the Wrong Side of Buzzards Bay by Carol Wasserman is a collection of short stories, some just a page long. The book pays tribute to life in small towns like Wareham, Massachusetts (I grew up in the same county). More importantly, it is a tribute to the human spirit, New England style, mature female style. I was completely satisfied when I finished reading it. This book is truly an elegant gem.

One of my favorite things about this book is getting others to read it. Because really, passing along the magic is one of the great gifts of reading. Let me know how you like it.

Update: I am anxiously waiting on Amy’s review of this book. She plans to read it again this weekend, so I guess she liked it. I wish I went back and re-read it...

0 Comments:

Add a comment