a Lynne's

Lynne's

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Wacky Weather

I live in Portland, Oregon. My friend S use to live in PDX but moved back to Texas a couple a years ago. She currently resides in Austin.
I have been thinking of flying down for a couple of days for some sun, fun with friends, and some Spoon. Here is our email exchange from this evening.

L: SO. Just how sunny is it there?
We have back-to-back storms coming this week. Already have had over 200% of normal rain for January and the month just started! Grrr....

S: so sunny that there's a statewide burn ban in place and all of these grass fires keep erupting....so sunny that today our high was 80. (In January??? This ain't South Florida.) But I'd be lying if I said I wanted it cold and rainy.

6 Comments:

At least Portland isn't full of a bunch of trashy Rollergirls who dropped out of high school and live in trailer parks. I learned by reading the newsgroups on A&E TV.com tonight that Austin has become infested.
That is SO wrong. Betty ain't no trash. She is smoking!
Heh, I'm afraid S is right. Being one of them now, I can tell you it was a long slippery slope from the purest white virginity to the raunchiest raunch, all because I got sucked in with those bad-news rollergirls. We are an abomination to the beautiful American panties-in-a-bunch hypocritical no-fun values we have in this country today.

But I AM smokin' hot trash, that's fer sure. AND BTW I DIDN'T drop out of high school, or beauty school for that matter.
We've already had 200% of what's normal for Jan? Can that be?

Yikes. No wonder I'm starting to feel depressed.

A trip to Austin sounds like a good idea.
Betty, Indeed!

Rozanne, Yep. And how is it that you are just starting to feel depressed...must be because you got away to Chicago.
good thing you didn't come for a visit...here comes the cold and the wet. From the National Weather Service:

...CHANGING WEATHER CONDITIONS THROUGH NEXT WEEK...

AFTER A ANOTHER UNSEASONABLY WARM DAY TODAY...AND WITH TEMPERATURES RUNNING NEAR 6 TO NEAR 10 DEGREES ABOVE NORMAL FOR THE FIRST 20 DAYS OF JANUARY...MUCH COOLER DAYTIME TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.

THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE OF RAIN...SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT. A CLOUDY... DAMP AND COLD DAY IS EXPECTED SUNDAY...WITH A GOOD CHANCE FOR RAIN. ANOTHER WEATHER SYSTEM COMING FROM THE WEST WILL CAUSE A CHANCE OF RAIN...SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY OF NEXT WEEK.

Add a comment