a Lynne's

Lynne's

Monday, February 20, 2006

PIFF Update
I have had 5 volunteer shifts so far, but only watched 2 ½ movies. Rolling Family (Argentina) was entertaining. 4 (Russia) put me to sleep. C.R.A.Z.Y (Canada) was very entertaining.

C.R.A.Z.Y. is about Zachary Beaulieu (Marc-André Grondin) and his suburban Catholic family. Early on Zac learns he is different from his four brothers – he likes baby carriages and dressing in his Mom’s clothes. At age 7 he prays he is not a “fairy”. The film covers a period of thirty years showing Zac’s journey through self-awareness and acceptance. The supporting actors are stereotypical but you won’t care. Through music and extraordinary visual inventiveness C.R.A.Z.Y has a great feeling of the era.

Professional film reviews are here and here.

You can see C.R.A.Z.Y tomorrow night if you wish. It plays again on Sunday.

6 Comments:

CRAZY does look good. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it here. Speaking of film festivals, SXSW kicks off with the SXSW Film Festival in a couple of weeks:

http://2006.sxsw.com/film/screenings/

If anyone's interested, it looks like a great line-up....I personally will be dodging the excitement and cover charges of South By and taking a long awaited trip to Europa.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Me too! Impressive acting.
So you're volunteering but not sticking around for all the movies?

Why not--cuz they're sold out and there are no seats for volunteers?

I've been really surprised by the turnout for these films. I've seen five and they've all been sold out or nearly so.
Thanks for the info Stevie!

Nancy - Indeed.

Rozanne - Volunteers get to see all films they volunteer for. If it is sold out then we just sit on the floor. I missed one shift because I was sick. The other I just wasn't in the mood. It was a busy week for me, I was tired, and after working all day I wasn't up for sitting in a theater for 2.5 hrs to watch a man die. I still got my free standby pass though
If only...

I didn't work nights. I would be watching so many of these. I wanted to see Tsosti, but worked both nights it was on. Grrr...

Add a comment