a Lynne's

Lynne's

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I have been meaning to blog about many things, but haven't because real blogging takes thought and time. Those things are: Red Cross & platelets - bad, Red Cross and CPR-good, teaching, my expanding waistline, time to photo Jazz again, my Dad, Live Wire, friends, The Godfather, The Academy Theater, daffodils, hypnosis, seeing people that I did not expect to see but glad I did because I really needed to see them, seeing people I did not want to see because I looked/felt liked crap. ya know, those times when you leave the house and say: Man I hope I don't run into anyone. It is like a curse.

Like I said, many topics and much time that I haven't been making. INSTEAD I did a meme. Yeah, it took time, but it was lazy thoughtless time. Plus I seem to be on a music theme so I couldn't resist. First seen here.

Musical Magic 8 Ball
Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question.
No Cheating.

1. How does the world see me?
Candela. Buena Vista Social Club
2. Will I have a happy life?
It's the Way You Are. Catie Curtis (Yeah, maybe when I was 8)
3. What do my friends really think of me?
I Love Music. The O'Jays (I can dig it)
4. Do people secretly lust after me?
Grazing in the Grass. The Friends of Distinction (don't even go there)
5. How can I make myself happy?
Freak Like Me. Macy Gray
6. What should I do with my life?
I believe. Chris Isaak
7. Will I ever have children?
King of Pain. The Police (favorite so far)
8. What is some good advice for me?
Husk. Liz Durrett
9. How will I be remembered?
Before They Make me Run. The Rolling Stones
10. What do I think my current theme song is?
Zed's Dead Baby/Bullwinkle Part II. The Centurians (off the Pulp Fiction soundtrack)
11. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Illioi. Zap Mama.
12. What song will play at my funeral?
Touch and Go. The Cars
13. What type of men/women do you like?
Countdown. John Coltrane (a better one played later - True Men Don't Kill Coyotes by the Red Hot Chili Peppers)

OK, I am tired. The laundry better be dry. I need sleep.

11 Comments:

I am intrigued by several of the things you've been meaning to write about. Specifically, the Red Cross bits. I am curious about those. I hope you get around to writing about them someday.

But, in the meantime, the meme was much fun to read! I'm surprised by your choice of funeral song, though I'm not sure why.
Nevermind. I read the instructions this time and then read it again. It all makes more sense to me now. (And you also taught me a valuable lesson because I ALWAYS skip meme descriptions/instructions; maybe I shouldn't.)
OK, now I did it, too:

1. How does the world see me?
Senoras y Senores. The Pinker Tones.

2. Will I have a happy life?
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening. Rosemary Clooney

3. What do my friends really think of me?
Pretty Piece of Flesh. One Inch Punch (Romeo + Juliet soundtrack)

4. Do people secretly lust after me?
When I'm Gone. Eminem

5. How can I make myself happy?
Freak Like Me. Macy Gray

6. What should I do with my life?
Chisholm Trail. Woody Guthrie

7. Will I ever have children?
Speed Trials. Elliott Smith

8. What is some good advice for me?
Novacane. Beck

9. How will I be remembered?
Stay With Me. Kate York

10. What do I think my current theme song is?
Honey Pie. Beatles

11. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Solitude. Dianne Reeves (Good Night, and Good Luck soundtrack)

12. What song will play at my funeral?
Moontide. O'Neill (Hamlet soundtrack)

13. What type of men/women do you like?
Things Have Changed. Bob Dylan (Wonder Boys soundtrack)

Yes, apparently, I have a million soundtracks in my iPod.
Did you cheat? Seriously, most of yours make some sort of sense. Also, no way we both got Macy Gray for the same song. You missed that one right?
No, I did NOT cheat. I didn't think my Things Have Changed really worked, but it was weird that the rest seemed to. (Except for Senoras and Senores. And maybe Chisholm Trail) Although, since I missed one, you'd have to move all of them up one. And my last one can be whatever is on my iPod when I start it on shuffle right now, which is...

Waltz of the Titans by Duke Levine. So, apparently, I like Titans. Heh.
I am sorry to keep filling your comments, but now that I've moved them all up one, Things Have Changed fits much better. So does Stay With Me. I like this better!
Funny that you now have Novacane and I have King of Pain for the kid question. HOw does this meme know that childbirth hurts?!
Guess we are BOTH hogging the comments.
Noticed your Kate York song - you heard her first on Womenfolk, right?
Yep. I am doing this silly meme on a Friday night.

1. How does the world see me?
Yahweh. U2

2. Will I have a happy life?
Murder by Numbers. The Police

3. What do my friends really think of me?
Way Down. Tori Amos

4. Do people secretly lust after me?
Bombs Away. The Police.

5. How can I make myself happy?
Seven Nation Army. The White Stripes

6. What should I do with my life?
Reflecting Light. Sam Phillips

7. Will I ever have children?
Synchronicity. The Police

8. What is some good advice for me?
Corazon Espinado. Santana

9. How will I be remembered?
Fair. Ben Folds.

10. What do I think my current theme song is?
Its True That we Love One Another. White Stipes.

11. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Disseminated. Soul Coughing

12. What song will play at my funeral?
Turn My Camera On. Spoon.

13. What type of men/women do you like?
Miracle Drug. U2
CC -
Wow. I have EVERY SINGLE ONE of those songs on my Ipod.
I did first find her on Womenfolk! And I found Womenfolk thanks to you, of course.

Add a comment