a Lynne's

Lynne's

Thursday, March 23, 2006

On Hiatus.
I broke my elbow Sunday. In a couple of weeks, my spring teaching gig kicks in. As a result, I will be more absent from the blog-o-sphere, and from Lynne's. Of course, I will still check in from time to time to read your blogs.

Before I go, can I just say how annoyed I am w/ my hair?! I haven't been able to wash and dry my own hair since my accident. Yesterday I dropped in the neighborhood salon for a wash, blow dry, and flat-iron styling. My hair usually keeps for a couple of days after a professional styling. Not this time, today it looks like I had wild sex last night and haven't washed or combed my hair. I (unfortunately) did NOT have wild sex last night, I did not have any sex, so WHY do I have to look like this?
Grr.
Take care all.

11 Comments:

Oh! Owwwwwwwww!

Sorry to hear about your elbow. No details on how you broke it?

Double whammy to have a broken elbow and bad hair. I hope you still have the use of your dominant hand.
Be good. We're here for you when you come back. :)
Sometimes my wife has lead singer from Flock of Seagulls hair in the a.m. (don't tell her I said that). There's nothing wrong with looking like you had wild sex the night before (with my 'do I couldn't look like it even if I did). Take care.
On a sad note my cat had to be put down.
Rozanne,
I was out jogging and my left foot got caught on a metal thingy. I do still have the use of my dominant hand. At first that was a bitch too because I also sprained the tip of a finger & had cuts on two other fingers plus palm, but most of that has healed.

Thanks
l.A.

C,
K has Flock of Seagulls hair? You wild man you.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Real sorry about kitty cat. :(
Sorry sugar, take care.
Ouch! I've wiped out jogging before, but fortunately I didn't break any bones.

As for the bad hair — the obvious solution is to get yourself some wild sex, then the bad hair will be tolerable.
Sounds awful. I have never broken any bones, but I did dislocate my knee twice (and had to be on crutches), so I know how depressing it is to be without your usual level of mobility.

Hope it heals soon!
Thanks M.

Q, yeah, this was a nasty wipe out. At first I thought I was fine, even walked the 1 back home, but once I started cleaning my wounds and moving that arm, i knew.

indeed (about the hair).

Rozanne, I am a fast healer so that's good. most of the pain is gone now its about the limited mobility. (your knee injuries sound painful) as you know it can be a bitch. i have a couple pairs of dansko's so don't have to tie shoes but dealing with a bra sucks. typing can also be tiresome.
Ouch! Wishing you very quick healing.
thanks kimberly, i am healing well.
Lynne!! I did NOT know this happened because I have been absent from the blogosphere for a bit, too. Are you OK? Can I do anything to help?

That sucks you can't wash your hair. And it also sucks you will be gone. I always get fun tidbits from you, and I love the way you write!

I understand, though. I hope your class goes well. And I hope I see you soon!

Add a comment