a Lynne's

Lynne's

Sunday, September 17, 2006

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?

1. Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?

2. Border Collie: Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

3. Dachshund: You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!

4. Rottweiler: Make me.

5. Boxer: Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.

6. Lab: Oh, me, me!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I? Pleeeeeeeeeze, please, please, please!

7. German Shepherd: I'll change it as soon as I've led these people from the dark, check to make sure I haven't missed any, and make just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.

8. Jack Russell Terrier: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture.

9. Old English Sheep Dog: Light bulb? I'm sorry, but I don't see a light bulb!

10. Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.

11. Chihuahua: Yo quiero Taco Bulb. Or "We don't need no stinking light bulb."

12. Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?

13. Australian Shepherd: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle...

14. Poodle: I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

How many cats does it take to change a light bulb?

Cats do not change light bulbs. People change light bulbs. So, the real question is: "How long will it be before I can expect some light, some dinner, and a massage?"

ALL OF WHICH PROVES, ONCE AGAIN, THAT WHILE DOGS HAVE MASTERS, CATS HAVE STAFF!

**I think I might be better with a Golden Retriever then my lovely lab Layla girl. :)No problems with Jazz though, he's great. Does anyone else think it is weird that he has never hissed? He is one year and 4 months old now, he should have hissed by now right? NOT that I am complaining, maybe its because he is SO talkative?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Very cute. I know only a little bit about dog personalities, but I'd say that list is spot on.

It is weird that Jazz hasn't hissed. Have you tried doing something that would really, really piss him off? Not that I really advocate that, but I'll bet he's got a hiss in him somewhere. What happens when you take him to the vet? That's usually good for a few hisses.
Spot on.
Um, that was funny.

As for the hissing? It will come, through time, and through reaching appropriate levels of the pissed-off stage. Just introduce another pet and voila! Hissing will ensue. I'd put money on it.
Rozanne,
Maybe the vet will prompt the hissing. The last time he went he was 4-5 mths so no hissing but he has to go back in a couple of weeks for new shots.

Anon,
haha.

Lelo,
I introduced a DOG! Still no hissing. I dropped him off at a friends with another cat in June, still no hissing...but like i said he has 50 different meows and howls.
What about a Bichon? Freakin' thing will not change a lightbulb but will steal it, hide it, and just yap at you until you want to trade her in for another cat! (Can you tell I own one?)
OK then #15. Bichon: I'll just take this, hide it and tell everyone what I just did. They (pets) can make you crazy, but we luv them anyway.
I think goldens and labs tend to have similar personalities, don't you? But all dogs are unique ... you know, like people.

By the way, did you watch The Amazing Race last week? Because I LOVED when Kelly (I think is her name) said about the horses, "I hate horses. They have a mind of their own." Well ... uh, yeah, they do. They are LIVING beings.

Sorry to stray off topic so much. I'm random.

Also, beagles?
Oh this is excellent. I know a few people who could *really* appreciate it! :)
Alda - Thanks for stopping by.

Add a comment