a Lynne's

Lynne's

Monday, October 16, 2006

Simone Demands Your Attention

It was a wonderful treat for me to see Ms. Simone showcased on Soul-Sides today. Without reading the post, I quickly downloaded the cut and listened right away. I went back to read and then clicked on the album link. Another pleasant surprise, take a look at these cuts, don’t you just love the titles?

Prior to watching Before Sunset* I knew little of Nina Simone. I still don't know enough of her music. Hopefully, I will get my ass in gear and educate myself. I don't think I will be disappointed.

*I know, I know, please don’t give me shit. Delpy, Hawke, & Linklater did such a fabulous with that scene; I’m sure I wasn’t the only one entranced.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Indeed.
I don't know enough about her, and you're making me feel like I need to. Thanks for the links!

Add a comment