a Lynne's

Lynne's

Thursday, November 02, 2006

What form of cardio can you do anywhere?

No matter where you are or what the weather, you can always JUMP. It will take a little time to build up endurance for this form of cardio, so try it in intervals at first: Jump one minute, rest the next, and so on. Jumping is an outstanding form of cardio, both for burning calories and toning your quads, hamstrings, and calves. You can jump up and down, jump rope, do jumping jacks, or get creative — the possibilities are endless.
-Jillian Michaels

This tip, or rather hint, is here as a reminder for me to get my ass MOVING.
Not really enjoying moving it in this weather. Man the East winds were blowing and the rain was nasty this morning.

6 Comments:

You know this is now making me sing David Lee Roth songs.....
And now I am singing Van Halen!
Me too!

I don't feel tardy!

Van Halen is appropriate in all weather.
I can't get the image of that music video out of my head and Roth jumping around in those 80's digs!
I made a jumping rope some time ago... rope through two 6 inch pieces of pvc (handles) and knotted at the end.

The funny discovery- damn, jumping rope is *hard*.

thanks for the get off my butt reminder!
It sure is. I bought one some time ago (I feel guilty saying that now) and quickly learned how hard it was. Also amazed how as a young person I don't remember breaking a sweat doing it....

Add a comment