a Lynne's

Lynne's

Monday, December 13, 2004

Soderbergh Cool
I saw Ocean's Twelve today. It was a great way to spend a couple of hours on my day off.

The fun for me started before the film, in the previews. I was treated to line of attractive men with upcoming movies Wil Smith, Liam Neeson, Samuel Jackson and Keanu Reeves...Sigh. Then of course the movie started, just like that, Brad Pitt on screen.

I should confess that Brad Pitt in this movie does not make me tingle. I do like the character of Rusty, but he is the weakest link in Twelve. The Pitt/Zeta-Jones chemistry is not all that. Clooney had much better chemistry with Zeta-Jones in Intolerable Cruelty.
There is a lack of Clooney and Pitt together, they were SO good in Eleven, here they hardly shared the screen. Matt Damon's character interacting with Clooney and Pitt brought the most laughs.
I did not care for the Julia Roberts story line because I found it slightly irritating. It need not be, they could have pulled it off, but they did not, and the scenes fell short.

This film is slick and filled with the same freewheeling spirit but the high style of Eleven is gone.
There is nothing too surprising in this film but you will still walk away feeling like one cool cat when it is over.

A side note - Can I just say how much I love
Don Cheadle. He was wearing the styling clothes in this flick. PLUS his opening scene picked fun of the bleep, bleep, pause crap I was ranting about on Saturday. I cannot wait to see him in Tishomingo Blues. Don Cheadle, and my other crush Matthew McConaughey, along with Clooney, Elmore Leanord, and Soderbergh producing...Very excited.

0 Comments:

Add a comment