a Lynne's

Lynne's

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Hidden Thoughts & Fears
I was going to post these random panicky thoughts of mine as a reply to DeAnn's comment,but then thought why hide them?

I am feeling very tied down at the moment. Seriously having a very dreadful day thinking of it all. Usually looking at the house photos helps but not today. Keep thinking of my plans to do some overseas work, to pay off credit cards. Why did I decide to forget about those goals? Did I decide that? I know I can still achieve those goals, but I fear I will get caught up with it all. Fearful the house will suck up EVERYTHING and along the way and I will get fat and become a reality TV addict!

3 Comments:

I clearly recall sitting in a bathtub full of no-longer-warm water at 2:00 in the morning weeping uncontrollably because we'd just bought our first house. What have I done? I kept thinking. But it turned out to be a good thing.

It is such a scary thing to do.

Re: getting fat and becoming a reality TV addict--I see you haven't lost your sense of humor!!! That's good.
I know you will NOT get fat or become any kind of TV addict!

I know the feeling of thinking you're tied down. I feel it, too. I have all of these plans for my life that don't necessarily involve staying here forever but having a house definitely changes that for now.

But, it doesn't mean forever. I know so many people who moved far away from a house they own. And, they make money on it by putting it in the hands of a property management company. Or people sell and move. There are always options. And, in the meantime, you have a nice little investment you're making every month that will probably, in the long run, help you with your other debts.

Sorry to go on and on. I'm trying to be encouraging!
CM advised that drinking beer and eating hoagies turned him into a fat reality tv addict not the new house (note: CM is not fat and one season finale doesn't count)
Of course I know that a house won't DIRECTLY cause fattness but indirectly...
Current neighbor L, says no way on the fat thing because there is always so much to do with a house.

Only time will tell. I have been eating well for two days except for the trip to the vending machine just moments ago.

Add a comment