a Lynne's

Lynne's

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Books 2006

I've continued my push to read more books. In fact, I surpassed this year's goal.
KM will be proud, she was the one person that pooh-poohed my 8.5 book goal (up one from last year) and urged me to read an even 10. Of course, I refused to commit to that number on the spot, and of course, I am now proud to have reached it.

My 10.5 book (3,021 pages)list.
Sorry, no annotations this year. I will say I was surprised with the amount of non-fiction I read.

The 1/2. FINALLY finished Motoring w/ Mohammed by Eric Hansen in March.
1. Candy Apple Red - Nancy Bush (Feb./march)
2. Cowboys are my Weakness - Pam Houston (March)
3. Sea Glass - Anita Shreve (July)
4. The Bird Man and the Lap Dancer: Close Encounters with Strangers -Eric Hansen (July)
5. Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter - Blaize Clement (July 31-Aug.2)
6. Angela's Ashes - Frank McCourt (August)
7. In Summer - Jeremy Jackson (Sept.)
8. Electric Blue - Nancy Bush (Nov.)
9. Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance - Barack Obama (Dec.)
10. Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, A Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson - Mitch Albom (Dec.)



PS: For those of you (MC) who read 5 books during one vacation - please don't judge.

PSS: My 2007 goal is twelve.


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Suddenly Last Summer,Tennessee Williams
The Talented Mr. Ripley, Patricia Highsmith
The Maltese Falcon, Dashiell Hammett (re-read)
Poodle Springs, Robert B. Parker & Raymond Chandler
Carnacki the Ghost Finder, William Hope Hodgson
Silence of the Lambs, Thomas Harris
Psycho, Robert Bloch
Serenade, James M. Cain
The House on the Borderland, William Hope Hodgson
The Boys from Brazil, Ira Levin
Playback, Raymond Chandler The Valley of Fear, A. Conan Doyle
Forty Lashes Less One, Elmore Leonard
Hell House, Richard Matheson
The Tomb, F. Paul Wilson
Vampire's Honeymoon (collection of short stories), Cornell Woolrich
American Gothic, Robert Bloch
Rosemary's Baby, Ira Levin The Martian Chronicles, Ray Bradbury
The Complete John Silence Stories, Algernon Blackwood
The Book of Renfield, Tim Lucas
I haven't read any of these. I have read Tennesse Williams, Elmore Leonard, and Dashiell Hammett. Not sure if I read Fahrenheit 451...think i was suppose to but not sure if I did. Same with Raymond Chandler.
Good for you!
Have a great new year with your 12 new books.

Add a comment